Monday, December 21, 2009

Part 1--gift set (Kristin, don't look if you check out my blog!)


Every year I raid my humongous baggy of small scraps and make a bunch of cards to give to people for little Christmas presents. I am going to be giving my sister-in-law a set of five cards as well as an altered pocket calendar in addition to her "real" Christmas present from us--all of her projects feature a butterfly theme because I just got the new SU! Sizzix Embosslits die from the Occasions Mini that starts in January and I am having a blast playing with it.

All of the cards are pretty clean and simple since that's my primary style and how my brain works--I LOVE the look of more ornate cards, but I really have a hard time creating in that style. Anyway, this card was created using SU! Cardstock (More Mustard, Soft Sky, Basic Gray, Old Olive, and Whisper White). The above-mentioned embosslits die was used for the butterfly and I used the Modern Label punch for the sentiments. The sentiments came from a Hero Arts greeting set and I drew in the three ellipses (...) at the end of "Just saying hello." I used a fine-tip black Zig marker for the butterfly body and antennae and my tiny, tiny staples (in an X formation at the ends of the labels) are vintage.

Thanks so much for looking and for any comments! :)

No comments: