Thursday, May 8, 2008

MOM and SANDY, DON'T LOOK BELOW (at least until after Sunday) :)

This is one of the Mother's Day cards I made today. It will probably go to Sandy, my wonderful mother-in-law. :) This was a pretty simple card, but it took me forever for some reason. Probably because I stamped "mom" about 100 times before I was satisfied with it (not really, more like 5, but who doesn't enjoy an exaggeration now and then? Haha!)

My Stamp-a-ma-jig was downstairs and I didn't feel like getting it, so I just eyeballed it. I punched a 1 3/8" circle from So Saffron cardstock, punched out random holes with my 1/8" hand punch, and mounted it on a Rose Red scallop circle punch. The word "mom" was stamped with Short Order Alphabet in More Mustard ink and then outlined with Not Quite Navy marker. The stem and heart "leaves" were created from Certainly Celery Designer Prints paper. I stamped the word "wonderful" from the Warm Words set in Not Quite Navy ink on a square of Brocade Blue cardstock and mounted it on a square of Whisper White cardstock. The final touch was the little butterfly from the hostess set Cause for Celebration, which I stamped with a Not Quite Navy body/antennae, So Saffron Wings, and then dotted with my So Saffron marker after I stamped it. I drew in the little flight path myself with a Not Quite Navy marker (got the idea from a Jennifer McGuire card class that I took a couple of years ago--so cute!)

Back later with the other Mother's Day card...I need to get my work done before 4:00! Thanks for looking! Any comments are welcome. :)


No comments: