Saturday, December 27, 2008


ANOTHER QUILT! :) This one was for my MIL and was about 6 x 5 when finished. I started with 8.5 x 8.5 squares and it actually shrunk a little bit in the washer/dryer, so now the squares are about 6 inches square. It looks much better in person.


I made six heat/cold therapy neck rolls. You can microwave them or freeze them for various ailments. You can also warm one up and put it in your bed to warm up cold tootsies on cold winter nights! :) They feel heavenly. The pretty fabric is actually just a pillowcase that houses a muslin bag with the feed corn inside. There is a Velcro closure at the top of the pillowcase so you can remove it and wash it if necessary. The two-tone look was a happy accident, because the directions called for using two 24" long pieces of fabric and my fabric was only 21 inches long once the selvage was removed, so I added a 3" strip of the coordinating fabric and I think they look even nicer that way!

Here are some more of the cards that I made for my MIL, Mom, Grandma, and future SIL. As mentioned above, most of them were made from scraps and a lot of the pieces were already punched/cut/stamped, etc. and I just had to put them together in a pleasing manner. This brown "Thank You" card wasn't one of my favorites, but Sean liked it the best so I included it on here. :) The star is made by punching CS with the SU! small star punch, then centering the negative image in the large star punch and punching that out for the outline.

Another simple, easy card. The "Thinking of you" and flowers were already stamped and I just added the brads and the Almost Amethyst strip behind the focal point and adhered it to a Rose Red card base. The flowers are Rose Red, Old Olive, and Lavender Lace and the words and dividing lines are Basic Black. I just colored the stamp with markers before stamping.

No comments: