Saturday, December 27, 2008

Homemade Christmas Presents!!

I made a TON of things for Christmas this year. As you scroll down, you will see the various papercrafted and sewed projects. :) I always make card sets for my Mom, Grammy, MIL, and Kristin (my future SIL). The yellow ones are for my Mom. I am proud to say that I cleaned out a lot of scraps from my scrap baggie this year. This baggie was practically bursting at the seams before and now it's almost empty. A lot of things in there were predone items from other cards that I worked on but couldn't get to come together or things that I made and decided to use a different embellishment or whatever. For this yellow set, I had pre-cut Pretty in Pink textured cardstock that was exactly this size. I just stamped the sentiments (SU! Curvy Verses) on Shimmer CS and used various punched and/or paper pieced elements to finish off the set. The star was already done in my scrap bag. I took a little remnant of Kiwi Kiss and a tiny piece of So Saffron to make the candle, which I scored with my stylus. I hand drew the wick. The hearts were punched with the new SU! Heart to Heart punch that will be in the 2009 catalog (LOVE THIS PUNCH!). I used a Pixie Pink scrap out of my bigger scrap bag. The flower was punched with the SU! Boho Blossoms punch and adhered with a So Saffron Brad. Very simple and cute set.






The star was already punched out of the Bashful Blue strip, so I just cut it to size, backed it with Shimmer CS, stamped the Barely Banana star on the inside, and added the sentiment. The background is Riding Hood Red and the BG stamp is Polka Dot.

No comments: