Monday, January 26, 2009

Sisters Mini Album

I was looking back in my older pictures for something new to scrap and found this album. I made it in September of 2007, just a few weeks after Ava was born. I made it as a gift for my MIL's birthday and I don't believe I posted it anywhere. It was really simple. I cut a piece of 8.5 x 11 Kraft cardstock in half lengthwise, folded it in half, cut some Very Vanilla "pages," folded them in half, and stapled them into the book all at once. I decorated the cover of the album with simple stamping (Paisley BG, a heart, and a SU! alphabet) I used Rose Red ink for the paisley, Old Olive for the heart and "sisters." A black scalloped piece, a couple of silver eyelets, and black gingham ribbon finished off the outside of the mini album. The inside was very simply decorated with stamps, ink, and chalk. I used an acrylic baby set for most of it that I purchased at my LSS, but I don't remember who made it. I thought it turned out pretty cute. As a side note, my parents and in-laws have WAY more scrapbooks of the kids than I do. It seems that I spend most of my crafting time making gifts for others. Need to remedy that.....hmmmm... :)




No comments: