Monday, February 8, 2010

Crafty Things




As I said, DH was out of town this weekend and I got a bunch of crafty things done. :) The three pictures above are a Kindle clutch that I made for my Grammy. She got a Kindle for Christmas and I found a tutorial on YouTube that was pretty easy to follow. I had all of my scraps out anyway from my doll quilt project that I started on Saturday night (see below for finished picture). :)


This is the reason I had my sewing machine out in the first place. Gracie got this doll bed from Santa at Christmas and I have been seeing a bunch of quilts on Two Peas lately. I used scraps from the Rag Quilt that I made for my niece for Christmas two years ago along with one other fabric that I only had five little squares of. The squares started out at 4 3/8" by 4 3/8" and I used a 1/4" seam. The finished product is chock-full of errors, but Gracie likes it. I machine bound the quilt because I wasn't about to spend hours upon hours hand binding a quilt with really uneven seams. Oh well. I think it looks pretty cute overall. I whipped up the pillow cover this morning before I put my machine away. It's also full of errors, but Gracie will be excited (she hasn't seen it because she is in school). :)

Thanks so much for looking and for any comments! :)

No comments: