Sunday, February 28, 2010

Manly Thanks Trio


I had to make three thank you cards for Sean's uncle and two cousins, who helped a lot with the kitchen and bathroom projects. :)

Most supplies SU! The stamp set is a retired set from 2006 called Play on Words and I love it--wish it was still around.

The cards are all simple and the main image is obviously the same on all three, yet all three are pretty different due to the embellishments I chose for each card. I colored the main stamp on all three with an Old Olive Marker and a Ruby Red Marker for the "Many Thanks" portion down at the bottom. The card bases on the two blue cards are Taken With Teal and the green one is Certainly Celery. I stamped the "4 You" stamp in Ruby Red ink, punched it out, and popped it up on a dimensional. I used the Ticket Corner punch and a little strip of basic black to "underline" the Many Thanks to finish that card off. The Celery card is enhanced with a metal-rimmed tag (I took the paper out of the tag) and then applied an Apricot Appeal star that I had stamped in Versamark with the Canvas BG stamp (also retired) and clear embossed. Corner rounding the top edges added a bit of visual interest. The final card is simply finished with a strip of Kraft and a pinked strip of Kiwi Kiss. I rounded the top edges with the corner rounder.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are beautiful Amy. xxx Lynn