Saturday, September 12, 2009

CAS Baby Boy Card


Just a quick share this morning, a baby boy card for my cousin, who is expecting her first baby next month. I CASED the basic design from THIS cute card from "susan." on SCS. I used VersaMark and embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder for the star on So Saffron cardstock. You couldn't really see the alphabet, so I sponged Pumpkin Pie ink all over the star and then punched it out with the SU! Large Star punch and I think the Pumpkin Pie added just the right amount of contrast to make it stand out without dominating the card. I used my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder on the white pieces, the scallop edge and 1 3/8" circle punch from SU! and finished it out with one of the new Sherbet buttons (which I LOVE)! I stamped the now retired Canvas BG stamp in Celery ink and the sentiment from Nursery Necessities with VersaMark, then embossed with an "ultra detail" white embossing powder since the lines on the font are so tiny. I really like this card and thanks for the inspiration Susan!

No comments: