Friday, February 22, 2008

The 3 cards...




Here are the three cards I made today. I had two baby cards to make and my brother-in-law's birthday was yesterday, so I obviously had to make a card for that occasion as well. The girl card (with the "K" and flower) is for Sean's coworker's daughter. I pulled the colors out of the gift bag that their gift is in...love the purple and orange combo. In hindsight, I would have used silver eyelets for the fasteners at the bottom, but I set those first and didn't want to start over just to change that. The boy card is for our friends Kris and Angela, who just had their second son.

The onesie idea is all over SCS, but the specific template I used was the easiest I found, from Lauren Meader's blog. Basically, you just cut a length of cardstock to 4.25 x 11, score at 5.5 inches and fold over. Then use the 1 3/8" circle punch to punch a half-circle out of the folded edge for the neckline. Then punch out the two leg openings. Measure down about 1.5 inches from the folded edge and about .5 inches in from the side, use a ruler to mark from that point down to the outside edge of the leg hole, and cut that piece out on both sides. Is that clear as mud? I will find Lauren's blog later to link (the bookmark is in my IE browser and I am using Mozilla right now). She has pictures and it's very easy to follow.


I am not great at guy cards, but this one was pretty simple. I used all scrap pieces of cardstock that were lying on my desk--even the blue piece with the star punched out was a scrap from something I was testing the other day. I just stamped the background (Canvas--tone on tone Ballet Blue ink on Ballet Blue cardstock), cut the blue piece to size, and used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the "and many more" sentiment in the star. Then I stamped the Happy Birthday on the Wild Wasabi piece, adhered everything, and added the linen-threaded button. I think it's against my religion to leave a button unthreaded. It just looks naked to me if it doesn't have something going through the holes.

Anyway, that's all for now. Thanks for visiting! :)

No comments: