Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Gotta Love a Challenge!


I took a break from typing tonight and made a card for Kristina Werner's color inspiration challenge that she is featuring on her blog: http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog

The colors she found were inspired by a Pottery Barn ad and translated into Stampin' Up! colors equate to the following: So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, and Close to Cocoa

My entry, above, is comprised of all Stampin' Up! supplies. I used the All Scallops and Lovely Labels sets (love them both!) as well as some of our chipboard, which I painted with a Bashful Blue re-inker, sprinkled with Iridescent Ice embossing powder, and heat embossed with my heat tool. I had the Iridescent Ice powder already out for another project and, as it pretty much gets glitter EVERYWHERE, I decided to use it again before I put it back in the jar. :) I used the Boho Blossoms punch for the embellishment and cut the large flower in half to flank the chipboard. I adhered the flower halves with silver brads. Certainly Celery Designer Series paper completes the look. I think it turned out cute and I love this color combo--thanks Kristina!

Thanks for looking everyone! :)

9 comments:

Butternut Sage Designs said...

SO CUTE! I love it. Can't wait to see more of your work!
~Donna

tethered2home said...

Lovely! Such a clean look to the layout. TFS, Amy.

Lauren said...

This is super cute - great work!

Tamara Follett said...

Wow--I really like that. Lovely Labels is a such a great set. I need to pull mine out more often!

Brea said...

SO cute! Love the polka dots and the scallops!

Deanna said...

Super cute and original!

ஐBeatriz Jenningsஐ said...

this card is so beautiful! :)

Cindy said...

Hi Amy,
Thanks for commenting on my blog it's nice to see your gorgeous work!
I just love your card. I love the way your flower flanks the chipboard. SUper cute!

Shelley G in Iowa said...

I like your card, very clever use of the flowers from the Boho Blossoms Punch.