Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bad pictures, but you get the drift....

For my stamp camp last Saturday, we made these the three projects using One of a Kind (the cards with the pink and orange flowers) as well as the Father's Day card using twill that I posted a couple of weeks ago and a 6 x 6 scrapbook page or a 3 x 6 card (using the same materials as the scrapbook page, so the guests could make whichever thing would be more useful to them). I didn't post the scrapbook page because my sample includes a picture of my godson and I don't really know how to blur out his face. I am not sure if his parents want his picture on the internet, so I just didn't post it. :)

I was proud of myself for this stamp camp because I did two things that I have never done before: I used ALL of the stamps out of the One of a Kind stamp set for the projects and I did a One (half) Sheet Wonder, which I have always wanted to do.

A One Sheet Wonder is where you stamp a piece of cardstock (or, in my case, a half of a piece of cardstock, measuring 8.5 x 5.5) randomly with whatever stamps you choose and then use that piece to make multiple different projects. We cut our piece into two 2" x 5.5 inch strips, used one of the 2" x 5.5 inch pieces for the bookmark, and then cut the second piece into 1.75" x 2" segments for use on the "for you" card. The third piece that was left over was cut into circle using the Coluzzle and adhered in the left-hand corner of the small 4.25 x 4.25 card, cutting off the excess.

The "Happy Day" card is one that I found in my card box that I never posted, mainly because it was mostly a case of this cute card by Lauren Meader: Happy, Happy Colors!

We made that card at a stamp camp last summer or fall I believe. I love stamp camps...they are so fun! :) All supplies SU! If you have any questions about any of the techniques or comments, I would love to hear them. Thanks for looking!




1 comment:

Ann Kloentrup said...

Hello Amy, I was on SCS and one of your cards caught my eye. Popped in to check out your blog (light bulb)moment I know her! Love the cards for you camp great idea.

Ann